Monday, May 21, 2012

Taxol Complete

It has been a while since I updated everyone, so I decided to catch you up.  There has been a lot going on the past few weeks.  Our BTHO-BC team did the Relay for Life in Wylie.  We had lots of fun walking for a great cause.  Thank you to all of my friends and family who came and walked and donated money.  It was great to see everyone and hang out. My family also had a poker tournament and raised some money for my family to pay off some of my medical bills.  I just paid off one of my hospital bills with that money.  Thank you everyone! I attached a picture of our team shirts because they were Awesome!


Yesterday, I met some of the women from the group Mothers and Daughters in Motion.  This is the group that chose me to be their receipint for this years fundraising.  They had a great fashion show and silent auction.  It was wonderful meeting everyone and having my family come out and support me!

Last Thursday was my last treatment for the Taxol and study drug MM-121. The Taxol has had some weird side effects, and I am getting through them.  I am so glad to know that I am almost through the Chemo.  I now have 4 treatments of A/C left starting this Thursday 5/24, which I will receive one every other week. I hope and pray that these treatments aren't too hard on me as they are much stronger. I have another sonogram tomorrow to check the size of the tumor to see what effect the Taxol and MM-121 had on it.  Hopefully it nearly gone!  After the A/C treatments I will most likely go through surgery. Please keep the prayers coming as I still have a long way to go!

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine found your blog and sent me the link. You story is my story. I did my first round of MM121 today. Just getting started. Same size tumor, same drug cocktail. You are a trail blazer for me. I also have two kids, 4 and 7 and we took family pictures too. I've been writing a lot on facebook, but intend to create a blog in the coming two weeks and move my writing there - not everyone who I care about (like my dad) is on facebook and I want him to have access to what's going on with me too.

    I wish you well. I am very interested in all your details, every last one! My son (7) asks me every day if today is the day I will lose my hair...no honey, probably have 3 to 4 weeks yet. Love the idea of a wig from your own hair, mine's not long enough. My friends want me to dye it blue. LOL. I think I just might, afterall, it's only for a week or two and if there was ever a time to mess about with your hair, I guess this is it. But I think I'll get it cut much shorter first (it's should length right now)

    Sending you love and prayers for complete healing. As Dory the fish (in Finding Nemo) says: "Just keep swimming"...

    Patti
    patti_c23@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patti! Praying for you too! You should dye your hair blue...and take a picture. Keep me updated and let me know if you do end up doing a blog. I would love to read it!

      Delete