Friday, February 10, 2012

The Results

First I would like to say Thank you to everyone for the words of encouragement and most of all for the prayers. I am very happy to know that there is so many of you out there praying for me! I would also like for my husband to know that I am blessed to have him in my life and he is the greatest husband ever!
Now to the results....I just spoke with my Dr. and the PET scan came back clear. It has not spread anywhere else in my body and we are clear to move on. I will be getting a port/biopsy done on Tuesday, 2/14...yes on Valentines day....and then start Chemo maybe Thursday or Friday. The Chemo has not been scheduled yet, but that is when they are hoping to start.
We have a busy weekend ahead with both girls in soccer and then next week we will start to fight this disease head on! Keep praying that I am tough enough to handle all that is ahead!
See you next week....

3 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    Today is World Cancer Day... a day that honors those that have won their fight with this disease; lost their fight; and are beginning their fight!! I am so honored to be a part of your journey... you are a remarkable woman. We are family... we stick together always. I love Tia Rosa and Tio Rudy so much and I know it pains them that you are going through this mija!! But, they are strong in faith and their love for you is immeasurable. I will light my candle today in honor of you and my Mom. You are unstoppable and you are beautiful<3
    Rosie Vasquez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news on your results, Faith and prayer are strong mija!! You are, truly blessed for having a wonderful loving family! I know that being a supportive Mom is who you are… Please take time to rest up so you can gain strength for your next step. Always remember to put on your armor of faith and you will always be ready for battle! Sending my Love and Prayers your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are in my thoughts and prayers!
    Dale Hunt

    ReplyDelete