Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Busy week

I went yesterday to have my port installed, I guess you could say, and to have a biopsy of the lymph nodes. I had to be there at 7am and my husband was a little grumpy with no coffee or food to eat. The procedure didn't take too long and I was on my way home by 12:30pm. I was in some pain and slept most of the day. The port is near my neck muscle and I think that is why it is so sore. I was very nervous to get this port put in because I didn't know what to expect. Afterall, this thing is attached to one of my main arteries and that scares the crap out of me.

Today I had to have an echocardiogram (excuse my spelling) and an EKG. The Echo as they call it is a sonogram of my heart. The second part of my chemo the drug called AC can be very harsh on your heart and they wanted to see how my heart is working before the drug. After that appointment I went to have another biopsy of my tumor for the study drug that I may be a part of. My doctor informed me while I was there that the biopsy of my lymph node they did yesterday was negative, meaning it has not spread to the lymph nodes. Thanks to God that all of these test results have come out good. I am very sore still from the port that was put in yesterday and I am assuming that I will be for a few days.

I went and had my hair cut today as well. First we cut off my long hair to have a hat wig made of my hair. Then the hairstylist cut my hair really short as there was not much hair left. I am not a big fan of my short hair, but I guess it is all going to fall out in a few weeks anyways. I was so upset about it I started crying at the salon. I did, however, pick up my synthetic wig to use in the meantime. I guess I can cover my boy haircut with my new wig.

I finally have a day off tomorrow from all of the tests and other things. I am hoping to get some rest and have some down time before the fun begins on Friday. I should find out tomorrow whether or not I am going to be using the study drug or if I will be just using the normal stuff. I will update you as soon as I know. I will be starting chemotherapy on Friday morning. Please pray that everything goes well and that I don't feel too horrible after.

See you after chemo on Friday!

1 comment: